The Club is Member of the Oxon XC League, and we coordinate entries to the 5 race series each year. Key points to note:
- Each race takes place on the 1st Sunday of the Month from November to March each year.
- Runners *must* be registered with England Athletics to participate. Paul Rushby can help if you haven’t done this yet. It can take a few days, so please do this asap to ensure you can be entered for the race you want to enter.
- Distances are approximately 7-9km, off-road and various hilly challenges, depending on the course. If it rains, it will be muddy.
- Senior races start at 11:20am and 12pm (it has been men then women for the last couple of years)
- Fees are £4 per race for U20s and Seniors if you run all races; you pay for the number of races left from the round you sign up on:
Round 1: 5 races = £20
Round 2: 4 races = £16
Round 3: 3 races = £12
Round 4: 2 races = £8
Round 5: 1 race = £4
- If you’re an U17 who runs with the seniors, it’s cheaper for juniors (£3/race, same approach as above) We can still co-ordinate your entry if you don’t run with the juniors still or use their Spond – please message me to request payment separately. Please don’t pay the adult fees!
- If you can’t make round 1, wait to sign up for the round you can join from as it will be cheaper
- If you want to run round 1 and can only make some of the others, it will be the full £20.
- Keep your number between races. Replacements are £5 (League Rule). Please don’t iron the number (ahem..!)
- I’m the WRR XC League Team Manager – I’ll be co-ordinating the entries and submitting them each month. Please keep to the deadlines set to help me make sure everyone is entered in time.
- Cross Country Team Captains (Anne Rouget & Bertie Field) may well be chatting to members on club nights to encourage you to join up. (Sally Howard and Stephen Young may also join in encouraging as overall Ladies Team and Men’s Team Captains). Ask questions of any of us!
- We host the February fixture at Cotswold Farm Park again this year. We will need marshals to help make it another fab event!
- There is always cake post race! It’s a rule!
- Supporters are welcome to join and be part of it, even if mud isn’t your thing or injuries prevent running.
- It’s fun!
If all of this has convinced you to try it out. Sign up for the event on Spond and pay the fee (making sure you are EA registered!)