Our help has been requested by the Oxfordshire Cross Country League!
The venue for the February XC race has fallen through and we have been asked to host an alternative fixture. We are renowned for how well we organise the Cotswold Classic and up until a few years ago we hosted a very popular XC race too so I’m sure we can put on another great event.
The eagle-eyed of you may have noticed a few of us posting a run this week confirming the new venue is Cotswold Farm Park, the other side of Bourton, on Sunday 6th February and we will need a team of people to help make the day run smoothly.
Ideally, we want everyone who would like to run the XC race to be able to so we’d like people who aren’t intending on racing to help us please.
On the Sunday we’ll need people from around 09:00 until about 13:30, although some roles can start later and finish earlier so let me know what you can manage. We will get 9 volunteers supplied from other league clubs so we’ll need 20-odd club members to lend a hand. It’s going to be a great venue and the Witney Roadrunner enthusiasm will no doubt make it a fantastic event.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on the Spond post to let me know if you can help and if you have a preference of what you’d like to do.
On Saturday 5th February
- A few people to help us set up the course (we’re planning to head across after parkrun and probably be a couple of hours)
On Sunday 6th February
- A couple of people to help co-ordinate volunteers
- 3 Car Park Marshals – help keep the flow of cars going (we won’t need to collect car park cash)
- 16 Marshals – out on course to help direct runners and report and incidents
- 3 Backup Timekeepers – using stopwatches to record the finish times
- 2 Funnel Managers – to keep people moving and in the right order after the finish
- 2 Number Recorders – one to call out and one to write down the race numbers of every finisher
- 2 Barcode Scanners – scan the number of every finisher
- 1 Unscannable Recorder – write down any number that doesn’t scan
- 2 Hares – lead the way for the u9 race (1200m), and for the u11 race (1500m)
- 2 Tail Runners – run at the back of the u9 race (1200m), and the u11 race (1500m)
- A few people to help close the course and pack up